How To Determine If You Need A New Roof
As wonderful as it is being an homeowner, it also comes with a few responsibilities. Being a homeowner is making sure that your roof stays in great shape. Exposure to sun, rain, and wind over time will inevitably cause wear and damage to your roof. Your roof is such an important part of your home, you’ll need to inspect it on a regular basis and or perhaps call a local roofing company to inspect the roof from time to time. After all, the roof is one of the key structures of the house. Certified Precision Roofing is here to help you with a new roof.
In many cases, it can be difficult for homeowners to determine whether they need a new roof replaced or if they simply need to have it repaired. It’s no secret that replacing a roof is a significant expense and investment at the same time. The new roof will help determine the value of your home should you decide to sell it.
When to Replace Your Roof
- If your roof is leaking in one small area, chances are, a repair will be take care of it. This is especially true if your roof is not an old one. The cost of this repair can various from roofing supplies and materials to the slop of the roof.
- If roof shingles are missing, whether you replace or repair will depend on how extensive the damage is. A few shingles can be replaced, but if a large area of your roof is missing shingles, the entire roof will need to replaced.
- Often we see the roof’s shingles are worn. The homeowner would like to replace the roof with the new roof. The problem comes what the insurance company will cover. Many roofing companies simply replace the top layer of shingles. However, you the homeowner need to be aware of such roofers. This option may not always be the best or the right choice, especially if you plan on living in your home for years to come. The chances are higher that the new layer will likely not last as long as it would if the complete roof was replaced. In addition, this temporary fix will not add value to your home as the new roof would.
When to Replace Your Roof
- If your roof is showing signs of deterioration, we suggest to replace the entire roof. One of the major reasons we suggest this is – the next storm might not be so nice and in reality create far more damage and expenses then doing the replacement from the beginning.
- If you are experiencing leaks after leaks, it may be a best to just completely replace it. A new roof can add quite some value to the house.
- If you want to make a significant change whether that maybe be from the design prospective or to protect your investment. We have you covered with wide range of colors, textures, and materials to customize your home and your new roof.
Our Roofers have been trained and we like to follow the guidelines from the National Roof Certification & Inspection Association (NRCIA) inspector & contractor training
Certified Precision Roofing is just a phone call away from make your dreams a reality.